EASY PICKLED CARROTS
Posted: Mar 19 2014
Our latest Ranch Recipe is brought to you by danimadethis.com. Now lets pickle!
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup cider or white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly-crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel or dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black or white peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Mason jars for storing carrots
1. Peel the carrots and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Bring a medium-sized pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. (Use a non-reactive pot.)
2. When the water boils, drop the carrots in and simmer for one minute. Pour into a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
3. In the same pot, heat the remaining ingredients. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for two minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add the carrot rounds. Cool to room temperature, then put into jars and chill.
Carrots should be made at least one day in advance, and will keep for up to four weeks in the refrigerator.